Why join a Village?
1. Joining a Village has many benefits. It's an approach to aging that
- empowers you to take responsibility for your future
- equips you with knowledge and connects you to the best services
- provides a practical, well thought-out plan for a time when you may need help…what you need, when you need it
2. It makes great financial sense.
There is a publicly funded long-term care system, but you have to be Medicaid eligible--i.e., have a very limited income. Medicare doesn’t pay for long-term care. This leaves Private Pay.
Here are some ball-park costs for Private Pay long-term care:
Home Care: the average rate for in-home care is $20 to $30/hour, usually with a 2 to 4-hour minimum
Independent, Assisted Living & Adult Family Homes: the average is about $3000 to $6000 monthly
Nursing Home: the average is $8,670 monthly
3. It gives peace of mind & a sense of purpose.
- gives peace of mind to your loved ones because they know your Village will support you
- offers you the opportunity to tailor your own activities & connect with others who enjoy doing what you like to do
- you can find meaning and purpose by volunteering…on your own terms and in your own neighborhood
Why join before I need services?
1. Ease of accepting help in the future.
- If you join a Village while you're vital, you'll feel better about being on the receiving end when your time of need arises.
2. No wait period.
- When you pay it forward, the Village is there right when you need it; you're in the system with no wait period to process your application, liability coverage, etc.
3. It's an endeavor worth supporting.
- You believe in community and reciprocity & understand how good it feels knowing you're benefiting the community and supporting a worthy cause.